- thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. (done!)
- put the award logo on your blog. (yep)
- answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
- make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- nominate ten people.
Questions:1. You’re about to be thrown in jail with a fictional character of your choice—who is the character and how do you escape? Oh, goodness. I would pick Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, because he's awesome enough he should be able to break out of jail, while nice enough that he won't leave me there. We'd probably escape because Aragorn does all the work (ha!), or Gondor and/or Imladris sends troops to free him.
2. What is your favorite social media site? If blogging doesn't count as social media (because blogging is fun!), then I'd say Twitter. I've met lots of lovely people there and it's great to promote others with.
3. If you were a deity [YOU], what sacrifices would you demand from your pilgrims? ME. KNEEL BEFORE YOUR QUEEN. *cough* sorry, got carried away. Other than gold & other pretty gems, which are sort of obvious, I would also demand books. In return, I shall gift them with my writing. (I can't be worse than the Vogon.)
4. Which is more important to you: a satisfying ending or relatable characters? Relatable characters. If the characters are such a turn-off that I stopped reading, I won't get to the ending. And characters make up much of the story, unlike the ending which makes up, well, the end.
5. What is the hardest thing for you to write about? I find it very difficult to write anything set in the real world, even urban fantasy or historical stuff. I like to defamiliarise the problems around us in imaginary world, explore different dynamics of what exists.
6. What are the top seven ways you would repurpose a lonely sock?
- Match with another sock for home use
- Art practice; time to whip out those plastic eyes!
- If I had a dog/cat, as a toy?
- ack, I really don't know.
7. Do you have a favorite archetype to read or write? I like monarchs/leaders who at least to some extent have their people's best interests at heart. I see them a lot, but I'm not sure what it's called.
8. Has a book ever given you important wedding planning advice? Actually, yes! The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket taught me that it doesn't count if you sign with your off hand. Ha!
9. In the event that you were forced to take a ride on top of a car, how would you secure yourself? I don't know ... stretch myself on top, wrap those rope things around my torso and cling to the front?
10. What is your favorite story no one has ever heard of? Ooh yes. A story written in ancient Chinese. Quick summary: due to the Emperor's poor policy, a guy dies. He asks his friend to take his body to the Emperor. The friend chops his head off and presents it to the Emperor on a dish. The Emperor repents, of course. It's morbid and delightful.
- Would you be a wealthy-beyond-belief merchant, a priest, a king, or an assassin? (Kudos to those who recognise the reference!)
- High/epic fantasy or urban fantasy?
- What was the last classic you read? Did you enjoy it?
- What was the last book you read that was out of your comfort zone but enjoyable?
- A book series that you are dying to finish? (reading- or writing-wise)
- A book you really really want to read/write?
- You are about to be marooned on an island. You get a pistol and a book. Which book?
- Which subject would you love to read/write a nonfiction book about?
- What do you drink when you're reading or writing?
- Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- Christina @ fairy skeletons
- AnQi @ Page Eight Hundred Ninety
- John @ Teens Can Write, Too!
- Cait @ Paper Fury
- Taylor @ Paper Daydreams
- Appletaile @ Twist in the Taile
- Wild Horse @ Opal Swirls
- Ana @ Butterflies of The Imagination
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads
- Sky @ Further Up and Further In
Don't feel obliged to do it, only if you want to. Most important thing: have fun!
What did you think of my answers? Are any of yours the same, or wildly different? Answer a few of them below in the comments!
Did my answers make you laugh and/or concoct evil plots based on my weaknesses? Then share it on Twitter!