I've been blogging:
- I talked about how to take gorgeous bookstagrams with a phone + made an infographic that walks you through VSCO
- Don't forget to grab my five bookstagram templates — I base my book photos off these!
- I bit the bullet and wrote a risky discussion post about whether there can be TOO MUCH diversity in books
- Plus my post back in January about 7 types of villain deaths went minorly viral on Pinterest and I expanded it with more detail + a statistical breakdown!
Oh, and birthday giveaway winners! They are ... Abi Pearson, Liz Brooks, and Denise. Congratulations and I've emailed you about the prizes — but for the rest of you, no worries! I am planning equally cool events in the future. Stay updated in my takeout army!
I've been reading:
On other bookish news, I'm still clearing out the December haul plus a couple more books! I read A GATHERING OF SHADOWS (February-March favourite), Dark Places, The Bureau of Time, Red Rising, and The Winner's Crime.
Reviews upcoming on Goodreads —friend me there for bookish updates, and check me out on Tumblr for more book photography experiments!
PS: I am on Instagram, but I'm posting very very rarely if at all until I graduate from high school — I will however follow back + like/comment on your bookstagrams!
I've been writing:
Oh man, guys, I finally finished draft 3 of MATRYOSHKA, aka Revenge WIP. Bad news, I think I will be rewriting this one extensively, so it'll remain hidden in my laptop for a while.
Good news: I'm currently working on the Witchy WIP, aka Mulan + Swan Lake retelling! Awesome to be back in the comfort of very-rough first drafts:
“I don’t trust dying men.” Desperation was very dangerous.In other news, I've delayed Secret Poetry Project and am instead considering Secret Teacup Mini-Project. Informative, I know. RT the below tweet and I'll notify you when you can read it!
“At least I’ve lived before I die.” Hung took out a nice watch [describe] and flashed it at her. “If they want magic, fine, but their monsters shouldn’t go where we don’t want them. We fight so that the future generations will be free.”
“We’re all monsters here. They just wear different skins. I’m not afraid of the northern creatures.” Lie. She was terrified of them, [elaborate on this].
Hung shrugged. “At least you’ll be the richest girl in town, and you’ll have fun.”
Mo didn’t need to join the army to find power fun. “I’ll have an adventure in time but I sure as heck am not dying on it.”
Writing a spin-off for my Mulan/Swan Lake retelling. Deaf assassin-witch conquering cities. RT if you want to read? pic.twitter.com/jr286l8QBW— Alyssa Carlier (@AlyssaC_HK) March 14, 2016
(Has anyone been to Model United Nations conference where they vote on cutest delegation and next Malala or whatnot? This is the blookunity equivalent.)
- The Poet with the Dragons: You should support Topaz Winters on her new Patreon page and get a copy of Half Mystic! I kind of intensely regret going on a book buying ban ... this might seriously make me cave.
- Coolest Delivery Girl: FAIRY LOOT, a UK subscription box for YA fantasy lovers by Anissa, had a hugely successful March box!
- The Girl with the Best Thinking Cap: Emily @ Loony Literate asks what happens when books have problematic endings.
- The Next Elsa: Hannah @ The Road to Hannah shared when to call it quits and let it gooooo on your writing.
- The Next Blookunity Yoda: Amanda @ Nellie and Co. shared 5 pieces of blog advice EVERY blogger should know.
- The Next Blookunity Obi-Wan: Hawwa @ Hawwa, Etc. shared 4 things that EVERY blogger should accept.
- The Craziest Queen: Cait @ Paper Fury has some rather deranged lies that all writers tell themselves.
- The College Student: Heather @ Sometimes I'm A Story asks do male voices dominate college reading???
- The Funniest Blogger: Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight has some helpful instructions on going into a reading slump.
Link me up to your favourite March post in the blookunity! And thoughts on my A Darker Shade of Magic bookstagrams??
Join my takeout army to receive monthly letters of magic, madness, and murder!