books that bleed — rose and scarlet and wine and damask and sunset. These are the pages steeped in passion, inked in fury. For the readers whose hearts do not falter, but cry out for the heights of the tender blue.
And Then There Were None
The Lord of the Rings
I remember the LOTR trilogy as red because of the
And there's always Legolas' helpful exposition.
The Night Circus
All the same, it is the red which enraptured me and made this book all the more memorable. The circus itself is black-and-white, a beautiful work of art; and yet it is the magician, the secretary, the clockmaker, the contortionist, all with their brilliant lives in and out of the circus, who truly live on in my heart.
What books do you see as having a 'red' aura? Leave a comment and I'll feature your picks!
Books you grasshoppers think are red:
- Susanna: Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Neal Kind: anything by Dan Brown
- Precious: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Aimee: All the Rage by Courtney Summers
- Alex: The King of Attolia by Megan Whaler Turner
- What books do you see as red? @AlyssaC_HK picks a #Poirot mystery, #LOTR, and The Night Circus. (Click to Tweet)
If you love books, receive monthly letters from me with bonus readerly takeout right in your inbox!