First, thanks to everyone who filled in my flash survey! Since quite a few said you were interested in the results, here's the infographic for those interested:
Next, I've been nominated for a Liebster blog award by Cindy! Thanks!
What inspired you to start blogging? All the awards ask this, have you noticed? This place started out only as somewhere to share writing and random thoughts, more of a personal blog. Then it shifted towards a writing blog when I picked up some readers from Figment, but now I'm slowly switching to a more reader-friendly content.
What would you consider to be the genre of your blog? Just answered that :)
Name Three Pet Peeves? Institutionalised prejudice, standard answers, and not writing my novel when I'm supposed to.
Typical Order From A Coffee Shop? *gulps* I don't drink coffee. Probably a plain hot chocolate, or if I'm feeling rich, a smoothie.
Top 5 favourite bands/singers? Hmm ... I have favourite songs more than favourite singers, so let's list those. Blank Space, Skyfall, Rains of Castamere (which should count for like four because there's the National, Sigur Ros, Karliene, and Paola Bennet.)
If you had to live off three foods and drinks, what would they be? Cake. Chocolate. Takeout. (You can have anything for takeout, right?)
Where do you intend on travelling in the future? London, Dubai, Russia. Probably a few more countries in South America and Africa, too.
Name four of your favourite possessions? Body and all organs (that counts as one), laptop, phone, a still-empty Sherlock notebook.
What three things could you not live without? Oxygen, water, evil.
(What, did you expect a straight answer?)
How long do you spend on the Internet every day, average? Too much.
Favourite memory of this year? I ... I don't really know. I have really poor memory. I did have a few joke-sharing sessions with my mum that left me choking for breath because I was laughing too hard.
I think the rules got lost with this Liebster chain, because the last couple times I wrote questions for the nominees. Which I'll continue doing. Nominees can be found at the bottom, so scroll on!
- What First World problem would you solve?
- You have the magical power to create any one drink you want. ANY. Which drink?
- Best life hack you've learned?
- Ice cream or cake?
- Chocolate or coffee?
- Which tribute in the 75th Hunger Games would you sponsor and why?
- Weapon of choice?
- Describe your ideal pet dragon.
I've also been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by Adriana Gabrielle! Thanks!A Little Bit Of Sunshine.
~Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
~Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
~Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
~Pass these rules on to them
- I slept 2 hours after my bedtime yesterday because I was wrapping up WTA rewrites.
- I recently got a Pinterest but am too lazy to add it to my blog.
- I cut my hair short so I don't look like my profile pic anymore.
- I have a Sherlock notebook.
- I have yet to receive anonymous hate.
Nominees still at the bottom, so scroll on!
Rules, as always:
- You must answer all the questions
Repost the picture with a link to Noors blog and the persons blog who tagged you
- You may tag people if you would like, but it isn't required.
I bought a couple books off The Book Depository back in April, including Code Name Verity, Gilt and Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (SQUEEEE, read these last two already).
But I'm sort of holding off on Code Name Verity for now, because A Court of Thorns and Roses has just arrived!
2. Book (series) you would like to see as a movie? BLACK WIDOW. (Oh wait, that's not a book? Kay then.)
3. Overhyped book/author? John Green. He's an awesome vlogger, but his books just don't click with me.
4. The best book series you will ever read? Probably GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire, although I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be superseded by Victoria Schwab's A Darker Shade of Magic and sequels.
5. Book to movie adaption that was really bad? The Hobbit. LOTR was great, but honestly Hobbit was way overstretched. Unexpected Journey had Gollum and no other plot.
6. Last book that made you cry? *tilts head* I do not understand this human action. (But to be honest, it was my own WIP.)
7. Book you're reading right now? Give it a quick rating. Just started on ACOTAR, about 3.5-4/5 I think.
8. A book series that you just didn't like? Hmm ... I don't normally read past the first book if I don't like the series. I do think Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo was a tad overhyped.
9. Book that you haven't read yet, but really need to? Anything Stiefvater, I suppose. And Laini Taylor. I swear, I need to try them out.
10. All-time favourite author? This is just evil. But see question 4.
Nominees for both the awards and the tag: Rae @ The Wallflower | Briana Mae Morgan | Shelumiel @ Bookish & Awesome | Appletaile @ Twist in the Taile | Heather @ Sometimes I'm A Story | Precious @ Clockwork Desires | Topaz @ Six Impossible Things | Opal @ Opal Swirls | Ana @ Butterflies of the Imagination | Jo @ The Bearable Blog | Susanna @ The Misadventures of a Globetrotter in Training | Vlora @ Reviews and Cake | Brett Michael Orr | Alex @ Third Star to the Right | Shar and Shanti @ Weaving Waves Words | The Fangirl Initiative
As always, don't feel obliged to do these if that's not your thing; it's just an expression of my admiration of you :)